Sunday, August 14, 2016

In the land of sleeping giants


The Sleeping Giant
  Made it to Thunder Bay after an always grueling and often eventful 28 hour bus trip. I...could have taken a three hour flight but I had the vague adventurous notion of 'seeing that part of the country.'  Well now I've done it, so I suppose I don't ever have to again. PS I lost my sausage in Ottawa.
  Went for a hike up Mt. Mckay and got a good look at the Sleeping Giant's feet where I'll be staying until the frost arrives. Saw my first ever Black Bear up there, a lanky youngster. Badass! Also a tree frog, a juvenile Bald Eagle, a female Peregrine, some Juncos and White-throated Sparrows, and a Magnolia Warbler. I wonder if they all breed locally? Anyhoo, I'm knackered. This may be my last post for a while, but I'm right there, sleeping on the sleeping giant's pinky toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment