Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The winds of migration...

Pallas's Reed Bunting Emberiza pallasi
Trouble on the horizon
...shall very soon sweep this Snowy Owl back to the frozen wastes of Quebec. I took time out from being exhausted and stressed and went out for my first (last?) Korean bird walk of 2013. Definitely bittersweet, much as my year has been. I got good long looks at a group of Pallas's Reed Buntings perched in a small tree. Strange, as usually they're seen flitting nervously through reeds. These guys were just sitting there watching me watch them watch me. I took it as a sign of some kind. Hopefully this great little strip of habitat will still be here in a year. Already flanked on two sides by canyons of apartments, the worker ants were busy today ripping up more and more reedy habitat to put yet more apartments in. Sigh. Ok, time to get back to being exhausted and stressed.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say about stress or progress but know your feelings. I love the picture in the page heading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks. Uh oh, looks like my White-eye got glitched. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete